Re: [Xen-users] Installing OpenSolaris on XCP

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jamon Camisso <jamonation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:53:29 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 06:54:53 -0700

On 04/07/2010 03:02 PM, Stephen Spector wrote:
Folks,

I have tried to install OpenSolaris on my XCP 0.11 machine using the following
two versions of OpenSolaris:

1)      Standard download of LiveCD from OpenSolaris website

2)      Genunix.org download of the Caiman Text Installer for OpenSolaris

In the first version, I am able to bring up the Open Solaris desktop and double
click on Install OpenSolaris. At that point I start the install process but the
Disks screen is blank, I cannot choose a disk to install Open Solaris on. In
the 2nd version, I select the install option and also get a problem with the
Disks selection, see image attached.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why I can't see a local hard drive to install
OpenSolaris on?

Hi Stephen,

That's an odd one. Have you tried using a flat file instead of a partition? Just something to test.

If that doesn't work, would the community (or you) see any value in a packaged (a la stacklet) image of a pristine {full,para}virtualized OpenSolaris domU? I sort of think it would be a good thing to get the two communities working together a bit, what with Oracle all but killing off Solaris/OpenSolaris. Crazy talk?

Jamon