Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 VGA Passthrough - Keyboard/Mouse?

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 01:20:22PM -0600, Nick Couchman wrote:

> > Which dom0 kernel are you using?
>
> I'm running openSuSE 11.2, so it is not the PV OPS dom0, nor is it 2.6.18,
> exactly.  Closer to 2.6.18, though, I believe.

OK.

> > Did you read this:
> > http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough
> >
> > Especially the fact that pvops dom0 kernel has xen-pciback and not just
> > pciback..
>
> Yep...and I actually managed to get PCI forwarding for the video card and the
> USB controller working...mostly.  I'm still getting an error when I try to
> forward PCI devices for my USB 2.0 controller through - the error is this:
>
> Error: pci: 0000:00:1d.7: non-page-aligned MMIO BAR found

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough has an entry about exactly
this problem..

> If I just do the USB 1.1 controllers, it works fine - both of the on-board
> 2.0 controllers behave this way, though.  I have tried the guestdev,
> reassigndev, and reassign_resources parameters on the kernel boot line, to no
> avail.  Any further hints on this front would be appreciated!

You need to figure out the proper parameter for your kernel, and use it.. it
should fix the problem.

What's the exact dom0 kernel version you have?

-- Pasi