Re: [Xen-users] VT option is on but 'VMX enabled' is not displayed in xm dmesg

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 12:54:00AM +0900, dongkyu lee wrote:
>    Thank you for your interesting.
>
>    Are the servers identical?
>    Yes, the servers are identical. (HP DL360G6)
>
>    Do they have different CPU models?/Do they have the same BIOS/firmware
>    versions?
>    cat /proc/cpuinfo
>
>    All devices/BIOS/firware versions included CPU must be same because they
>    are all same model.

Same model doesn't guarantee same CPUs :) some CPUs might have different
stepping etc,
especially if the servers are bought at different times. Sometime even the
servers
from the same order are made in different countries etc.

>    I checked all of them to confirm. They are identical.

Ok. Good.

>    What version of Xen are you using? What version of dom0 kernel?
>    dom0 kernel : 2.6.18-164.6.1.el5xen (on CentOS 5.3)
>    Xen version : 3.4.1
>    In case xen_caps in 'xm info' shows hvm-3.0-xxx options, I think it
>    demonstrates that
>    it is VT enabled processor and VT is also enabled.

Yes, correct.

>    I am wondering if it is possible that xm info shows hvm options but xm
>    dmesg does not display VMX info or
>    something wrong with xen or VT configuration.

Did you verify "xm dmesg" shows all the boot messages starting from the
beginning,
from boot ime? Sometimes if you get a lot of stuff to the log you don't see the
boot time
messages anymore..

-- Pasi