From: Nick Couchman [mailto:Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 4:45 PM
To: Xen User-List; Russ Purinton
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Sound Driver

The drivers included with Windows should support the various sound cards
that you can enable for Xen HVMs.  There's a parameter in the Xen config
file to turn on sound, and also to set the type of sound driver - see
the example config files.

On a side note, in my experience, *none* of my Xen Windows VMs has sound
cards/drivers installed, and *all* of them support sound via RDP without
this functionality.

-Nick

<rpurinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On a semi-related topic, are there any versions of it that include a
sound
> driver?  Even a dummy driver?  I don't really even need to get it to
> interface with a physical card in the system, and in citrix
deployments its
> no big deal, but when using Microsoft Remote Desktop/Terminal
services, The
> server requires a "functioning" sound card driver installed to make
RDP audio
> work.   Since I can't get a single driver or even a dummy driver of
some
> sorts to work, I am held up in deploying more virtualization because I
can't
> move my terminal services users over to the Xen system until I can
make sound
> work for them!  I'll cross my fingers there's a GPLPV developer on the
list
> here.
>

> Please don't let me detract from Alain's original question though, I'm
also
> curious to it's answer as I am also a windows on xen user.

> Russ Purinton
> Director of Network Operations
>
> Office
>
> 207.591.6900
>
> Direct:
>
> 207.591.6908
>
> Fax:
>
> 207.591.6919
>
> rpurinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.voipnettechnologies.com <http://www.voipnettechnologies.com/>
>

> ________________________________

RICHARD
> Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 1:34 PM
> To: Xen User-List
> Subject: [Xen-users] GPLPV version to use
>

> I am using a standard Centos 5.4 setup, with
kernel-xen-2.6.18-164.15.1.el5 and
> xen 3.1.2-164.11.1.el5.
>

> I have just succeed in migrating an existing XP to this setup and
installed
> successfully gplpv 0.11.0.213.
>

> On an other 2003 VM, I am using 0.10.0.134 since several months
without any
> problem.
>

> Looking at http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/, it seams there is a
lot of
> version in that directory :
>

> 0.10.0.134
>
> 0.10.0.138
>
> 0.10.0.142
>
> 0.11.0.188
>
> 0.11.0.213
>

> Is there any known issue with the last version ? is there any
information
> about changes between versions ? What is the recommended version ?
>

> Regards,

--------

sole use of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for
you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the
intended recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR
Engineering (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case,
you are strictly prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing
or otherwise using this message, its contents or attachments in any way.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately
by replying to this e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.
Information contained in this message that does not relate to the
business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.