Re: [Xen-users] Blktap problem on lenny for xen from source

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Fantu <fantonifabio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have try to install xen 3.4 from hg testing and 4.0 from hg testing on
> lenny but blktap always not start, i have try 6 different kernel all with
> blktap module and load or =y, i not found problem :(
> Someone can help me to solve this problem please?

You might want to try

CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_TAP=m
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_TAP2=m

and use kernel 2.6.32.10 +
http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/detail?name=xen-patches-2.6.32-1.tar.bz2&can=2&q=

The module naming is somewhat confusing and change between kernel
versions, but for this particular kernel

blktap -> xenblktap.ko
blktap2 -> blktap.ko

--
Fajar