Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 Custom kernels

I have not been following this thread, but I just wanted to add in some commands that I think would be useful for determining whether or not the initrd is going to work on the domU

# assuming same kernel and initrd is being used, run this on dom0
$ grep XEN /boot/config-$(uname -r)

if the settings are CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=m and CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=m, then:

$ zcat /boot/initrd.img-$(uname -r) | cpio -it | grep xen

and make sure the xen-blkfront.ko and xen-netfront.ko modules are listed

Net Warrior wrote:
Hi There.
Sorry for the delay, here is the config file for DomU , Only the options I modified, the rest is as it is, by default.

# Kernel image file.
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.31.13"

# Optional ramdisk.
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.31.13.img"

memory = 64

# A name for your domain. All domains must have different names.
name = "Netwarrior"

vif = [ '' ]
disk = [ 'phy:VG-NW/root,sda1,w','phy:VG-NW/swap,sda2,w' ]

# Set root device.
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

# Sets runlevel 4.
extra = "4"

How do I know which hardware Xen ( Dom0 ) is providing to the DomU ?

Thank you very much.
Regards

2010/5/14 Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx <mailto:pasik@xxxxxx>>

    On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 07:47:33AM -0300, Net Warrior wrote:
    >    Hi There.
    >    The hardware is the same, so I asume that the initramfs used
    for Dom0
    >    could be used for DomU as well

    No, the hardware is not the same!

    domU only has "virtual" hardware provided by Xen, which is totally
    different
    from the physical hardware dom0 has access to!

    , and yes I specified the root partition in
    >    the DomU config file as well something like root /dev/sda1 ro
    , should I
    >    use xdev as well in there?
    >    Thanks for your time and support.

    Please paste your /etc/xen/<guest> cfgfile.

    -- Pasi