Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 Custom kernels

  • To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: Net Warrior <netwarrior863@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 19:40:51 -0300
  • Cc: Xen Mailing List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 May 2010 15:42:12 -0700

Hi there guys

As a test, I started using the same kernel and initramfs like in Dom0
which i know it works, but when starting up DomU I've get.

switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 2.6.31.13 #14

I've got the same error while setting up Dom0 and was a problem with
the scsi modules which I included in the kernel and not in the
initramfs, my bad !!

My config file looks this.
# Kernel image file.
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.31.13"

# Optional ramdisk.
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6.31.13.img"

disk = [ 'phy:VG-NW/root,sda1,w','phy:VG-NW/swap,sda2,w' ]

Also copied the /lib/modules/kernel_version to the *guest* partition.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your time and support
Regards