Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough problems with DVR PCI card

Jan Češčut said the following:

Hello,

I'm running CentOS as Dom0 with Xenified kernel 2.6.18.8. I'm having problems with assigning the PCI Video DVR card to a HVM guest running Windows XP. In Dom0 the Video card  is detected as:

07:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01).

In WinXP drivers are successfully installed but when I try to run the DVR software (CheateauXP) the guest crashes and after a minute there is a softlockup on CPU#1, follows a softlockup on CPU#2 etc.

I had to add guestdev=07:00.0 reassign_resources in grub menu, otherwise there was an error (non-page-aligned MMIO BAR found) when starting the HVM guest.

I've had some issues with shared interrupts causing problems.  I have two Hauppage MPEG encoders (a 150 and a 500) assigned to a PV domU and until I got them on their own interrupts, or at least only sharing interrupts with each other, I had stability issues.  In my case they were sharing IRQs with my HD controllers on dom0.

Have a look at the xm dmesg output on dom0 when you start encoding, it may shed some light.

- Ben