RE: [Xen-users] High availability and live migration with just LVMand hardware fencing

This may not be any help to you (yet), but I've read that blktap2 in Xen 4.0
can also create snapshots.

I agree snapshots are very useful, although not a substitute for conventional
backups.  Among other places, we use them on GFS filesystems--we run gfs_tool
to freeze the filesystem, create a snapshot on our SAN, then unfreeze.  These
provide a nice recovery point if disaster strikes.

-Jeff