Re: [Xen-users] High availability and live migration with just LVMand hardware fencing

In case of Windows HVM guests quite a challenge guess ... "suspend" in Vmware context I believe really tells the OS to suspend (I think because it relies on the installed Vmware Tools)

What's wrong with backing up from the clients?

If GFS can bring something to the table for this, I'll check it out, but it's again one more layer of unsupported complexity to SLES.

Doesn't GFS require cLVM? Maybe that's just a requirement with RHEL. Or maybe I remembered it wrong. At any rate, it doesn't help you with your HVM guests because they'll have no concept or knowledge of the underlying disk.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer