[Xen-users] Advice on storage configuration

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior <jose.junior@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 11:31:46 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 22 May 2010 07:33:10 -0700

I am about to reconfigure my disks and storage. Right now I have disk
images on each host's disk, but that is not very good. I also have a
SAN storage connected by fiber on each host, that I am not really
using yet with xen. This is what I want to support in the future:

- unified storage of all images, probably in LVM or similar form
because of performance and live migration
- live migration between hosts
- better usage of host's disks and SAN storage

I am thinking about using CLVM to join all my 8 hosts disks in a
cluster, but that would leave my SAN out, but if I use my SAN area,
how to make various hosts access the same area without locking issues,
etc?

Any advice is welcome.

--
Josà de Paula EufrÃsio JÃnior (coredump)
MCSO, GRC Professional