Re: [Xen-users] where is my root?

On 05/22/2010 09:10 PM, Richie wrote:
Hans de Bruin wrote:
The pvops kernel has some trouble finding my root:

I have got to questions. In case of the pvops only boot is the an
error in the grub.cfg file do I need to change the console? In case of
the xen-pvops boot where has the root=/dev/md2 gone?

Where is your dummy=dummy parameter to work around the grub2 first
parameter bug? :)

try:
multiboot /xen-4.0.1-rc1-pre.gz dummy=dummy dom0_mem=512M loglvl=all
guest_loglvl=all com1=38400,8n1,0x3f8,4 console=com1 iommu=0
module /vmlinuz-2.6.31.13 dummy=dummy root=/dev/md2 ro console=hvc0
earlyprintk=xen nomodeset

The grub2 first parameter bug. Great, I just switched reluctantly from lilo to grub to use Xen. Well, my root is back, now i have to find a console.

--
Hans