Re: [Xen-users] adios to XEN

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Arpan Jindal <jindalarpan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All
> Finally after struggling for more than 3 weeks i have decided not us use XEN
> for virtualization. due to very very poor IO performance inside full
> virtualization.
> The VM's I was creating was intended for high volume of IO everyday.

one might ask why you would want to stick with full virtualization
when you know you'll be needing lots of IO, instead of simply using
PV.

> May be I was not able to configure it properly but i also did not get any
> way out to solve this issue.

I wonder if you already use PV drivers
http://pastebin.com/fb6fe631

... or even try to convert it to PV guests
http://pastebin.com/f6a5022bf

... or perhaps using a more up-to-date OS version can help (were you
still using Centos 5.2? 5.4 has been available for a long time).

> Note - The above comment is general and is based on my observation.

Good luck. If you find other virtualization products that suits your
need better, you can post the results to help others with similar
requirements as yours.

--
Fajar