Re: [Xen-users] Really slow disk write on Ubuntu

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 07:26:30PM +0200, rudi wrote:
> David Markey wrote:
>> Why not use paravirtualise?
>
> AFAIK paravirtualising Ubuntu is troublesome and requires a little work
> a the moment (a kernel patch and so on)

No it doesn't require patches.

Ubuntu 10.04 ships with Xen PV domU capable kernel,
just like earlier versions of Ubuntu.

I installed Ubuntu 10.04 as a Xen PV guest last week, using the standard kernel
provided by the distro.. you can also boot the ubuntu installer as a Xen PV
guest
so it's pretty easy to do the install aswell.

-- Pasi

, so we did a quick test