Re: [Xen-users] XCP: how to use console?

hi,

> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

>> 2010/5/24 YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamamoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>> hi,

>>> console through the developer's page :).
>>>
>>> i heard that it used to work with the previous versions.
>>> does it work with xcp 0.1.1 as well?  as far as i tried, it didn't.
>>>
>>> YAMAMOTO Takashi
>>>
>>> 5. XCP  0.1.1 doesn't put the host's debug web site stuff back in the
>> right place. If you install or upgrade to 0.1.1 and connect to the host, you
>> get a page with two XenServer links and nothing else. To restore the debug
>> stuff so you can use the virtual machine console functionality, do the
>> following:
>>
>> mv /opt/xensource/www /opt/xensource/www.old
>> ln -s /opt/xensource/debug/www /opt/xensource/www

thanks, it seems to work.

> You could also install openxencenter, it provides for console also

i've tried openxencenter but no luck.  i got only the black console.
it might or might not be related to our network configuration, which
uses static nat between xcp and openxencenter.

i guess i'll try to avoid java/javascript/etc and stick with ssh+vncviewer.
anyway, thanks!

YAMAMOTO Takashi