Re: [Xen-users] Disk erros on one xen domain

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Nicolas Michel
<nicolas.michel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I found with google some comments about these errors saying that it means
> the disk is dying. But this is a relatively recent server (1 year) with 6
> disks in RAID 10.

That doesn't mean it will automatically guarantee to be error-free.

> Since I started that server in prod, it crashed 3 times. It responds to
> pings but no ssh access (on xen domain and virtal machines either). Some
> services on virtual machines continue to respond, other don't. The only
> solution is a hard reboot.

Does the other working machines have similar config (hardware, OS,
kernel, etc.)? If yes, then it's hardware problem. No way around it.

There are cases when it's not actually hardware problem, but kernel
problem (like when using opensuse 11.2 with HP smart array). In these
cases I'd try with liveCD/DVD of other distros first. This does not
seem to be case with your setup though.

--
Fajar