[Xen-users] Installig PV guest (Ubuntu karmic) on top of ubuntu dom0 (Ubuntu Karmic)

Hi, all

I'm a Xen newbie who managed to install dom0 kernel and HVM guest.
By observing insufficient network performance and thruput, I'm trying to
install  PV guest but I couldn't find any standardized documentations for it or
ready-made VM image that I can download and just use.

What I tried so far are,

i) by using virt-install command
    #virt-install -n UbuntuPV -r 1024 -p --vnc -f /root/VMs/domu1.img -c
~/ubuntu.iso --debug
    ERROR    Paravirtualized guests cannot install off cdrom media.

ii) using xm create command with following template

  kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
  builder = 'hvm'
  memory = 2048
  name = "UbuntuPV"
  vcpus = 1
  extra="root=/dev/xvda1"
  vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=eth0' ]
  disk = [
'file:/root/VMs/domu1.img,xvda,w','file:/root/ubuntu.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']
  device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
  vnc=1
  boot='d'

  # xm create test.py
  Using config file "./test.py".
  Error: Domain 'LucidPV' does not exist.

iii) using different template

  name="KarmicPV"
  memory=2048
  bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
  kernel="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.32.13"
  ramdisk="/boot/initrd.img-2.6.32.13"
  vif=['bridge=eth0']
  extra="root=/dev/xvda1"
  disk=['file:/root/VMs/domu0.img,xvda,w']
  vfb=['type=vnc,vncunused=1']

  Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

but, all of above didn't worked out well.
Thanks for your help in advance

/Kangkook