Re: [Xen-users] /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge: line 118: sigerr: command not found

  • To: daniel.schmitt@xxxxxxx
  • From: Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 17:17:15 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 May 2010 08:20:13 -0700

On 27 May 2010 12:55, Daniel Schmitt <daniel.schmitt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just after removing the claim_lock* lines, I also specified the
> bridge in the file /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp as it follows:
> (network-script 'network-bridge bridge=xenbr0')
I don't know this syntax.
It's described right in the configuration file /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp .
There's an example related to that configuration. So it's correct.
It simply explicitly says what is the bridge interface.

# The bridge is named xenbr0, by default.  To rename the bridge, use
#
# (network-script 'network-bridge bridge=<name>')

I do it this way. I made up a script "my-network-bridge" which calls
network-bridge with all my network cards.
Mmmh :/ I've never done that. Actually I don't know anything about that.

This is the physical interface located in dom0 which is in the bridge.
Before xen came up it was named eth0. After xen created xenbr0 it gets
renamed to peth0.
I do it the way that if I only want a bridge to interconnect domU's then I
use dummy network interfaces to build up a xenbrX of. Then I have pdummy0.
I don't care about p*-interfaces.
OK, thanks for the information.

I also had this kind of bug that the bridge wasn't always upped correctly
after xm startup.
I simply added "ifconfig xenbr0 0.0.0.0 up" to my /etc/conf.d/local.start.
I can try to do it on my system as well but I guess this is not sufficient because of
the fact, the xend daemon could get up earlier. I'm gonna giving a try.

I will let you know.

Thanks a lot,

--
Flavio