[Xen-users] Which to deploy

Hi Everyone,

I come from a VMWare background so I'm very new to Xen, however since it's released under the GPL, Xen suits our requirements very well.

We are about to co-located our first server in a datacentre a few hundred miles away, so we won't have good physical access to the box after installation.

We are very much a Ubuntu shop, and try to use Ubuntu everywhere we can, and wish to use Ubuntu on all the DomUs. Stacklet has some Ubuntu images which work on Xen 3.x

When picking a hypervisor/Dom0 distro, I have read a few things that if you're new to Xen, you should just install CentOS 5.5 and select the "visualisation" option during install, and away you go. I am torn between doing this, and installing Ubuntu Server on bare metel and compiling and installing Xen 4.0 from scratch. It's a trade off between an older, tried & tested codebase to a newer, but more feature rich codebase.

I know that Ubuntu 10.04 comes with a PV DomU kernel (not sure if thats pv_ops or not...)

I would appreciate some advice on what to do. I would really only be able to get physical access to the box maybe once every 12-18 months.

Thanks