Re: [Xen-users] Sparse or non sparse

  • To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 15:09:07 -0500
  • Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 13:30:48 -0700

I am expecting.. it would be a slow growth and writing would be 1GB (max) at a time. So I think i would stick with sparse file. If I see any performance issue later on, how hard is to convert sparse to non sparse?

Thanks!
Paras.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How quickly do you expect to be filling it up, or how much data do you expect to write at one time?  If it's slow growth, performance won't be an issue.  If you expect to write several hundred GB at a time, it might be better to pre-allocate, as you'll see less I/O wait.

-Nick

--------