Re: [Xen-users] Virt-manager networking and config files

On 10-06-02 04:39 PM, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:
Hi Everyone,

How does one create a new network bridge, when using virt-manager? From
the command line as root, I tried "brctl addbr newbridge". While "brctl
show" does show the new bridge in the list, ifconfig doesn't bring it up
and I can't add it to the VM in virt-manager

Also, where are the config files stored in virt-manager? So I could make
some manual tweaks?

Thanks

Normally I hate the "ask X, get recommended Y" type replies, so sorry in advance.

I was struggling with bridging just yesterday and the Fedora fellow I was talking to strongly recommended simply hand-crafting the bridge config files. I did this and got my virtual machine (kvm) up and running finally.

Here's to hoping someone has a more direct and appropriate answer. :)

Digi

PS: Here's a sample:
=== /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0 ===
DEVICE=br0
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=192.168.1.12
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAT=192.168.1.1

The add: "BRIDGE=br0" to the appropriate 'ifcfg-ethX' file and restart networking.

--
Digimer
E-Mail:         linux@xxxxxxxxxxx