Re: [Xen-users] lots of cycles in i/o wait state

Am 06.06.2010 23:12, schrieb Miles Fidelman:
> Hi Florian,
>
> Florian Manschwetus wrote:
>> Sounds like hvm without pv-drivers, so a lot of i/o-wait would be normal.
>> Solution =>  enhance yout kernel / drivers.
>>
>> Florian
>>
> Can you provide a few more details on this?  I'm running on a machine
> that doesn't support hardware VM extensions, so I'm pretty sure
> everything is installed with PV drivers.

If your metal has no VM extensions you would need a pv aware kernel, not
ust pv drivers to run anything, so the problem I mentioned is sure out
of the race here. (observed running win2008(normal/r2)x64).

> On the other hand, the VM started as a copy of a system that was running
> directly on bare iron - so maybe there are some kernal modules getting
> loaded somewhere along the line that shouldn't be.
>
> Any suggestions regarding diagnostics?

Would be worth a look at dom0 activity here, maybe you have an i/o
bottleneck at all.

Florian