Re: [Xen-users] 2.6.32 USB keyboard repeat problem

On 6/8/2010 12:51 PM, Helmut Wieser wrote:

> I've experienced that too and thought it's due to my configuration.
> I tried to passthrough the whole USB controller but to no avail.
> USB mouse works choppy, but otherwise fine for me though.
> I tried with a dell USB keyboard, on Jeremy's 2.6.32 and 2.6.31 kernels,
> same effect.

My keyboard is a Dell.  To complicate matters, it's on a KVM switch.

But I hit some success here.  Playing around with kbdrate some more,
I seem to have gotten past it by setting things slow enough.  I'm
doing this now and, so far, it's working:

  kbdrate -r 8 -d 325

Since I also had to create my own initramfs script to get the LUKS
piece working (Xen doesn't seem to play well with Gentoo generated
initramfs files) I was able to also add it there.  So now I'm good
at boot time and once I'm on.  I'll have to see if anything reverts
it back.  This is only for booting a dom0 and only on the console --
no domU guests yet and no X, graphics, etc.  So I suspect I may be
posting again.

There still seems to be some underlying issue with the 2.6.32 xen
kernel.

> Obviously I used qemu usb passthrough, not pvusb.

I had (I think) tried both before with no difference.

--
Steve Sapovits  steves06@xxxxxxxxxxx