[Xen-users] How to make bridge with no IP

Hi Everyone,

I wish to make a bridge in my Dom0 that has no IP address assigned to it. By default, Xen attaches my peth0 interface to a bridge called eth0. I then have a firewall DomU with a network interface which is connected to the eth0 bridge.

The problem is, is that the setup only works if eth0 in the Dom0 has an ip. If I do ifdown eth0 to remove the IP, the bridge stops working.

Any ideas?

Thanks