Re: [Xen-users] How to make bridge with no IP

On 08/06/10 20:47, Simon Hobson wrote:
Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

I wish to make a bridge in my Dom0 that has no IP address assigned to it. By default, Xen attaches my peth0 interface to a bridge called eth0. I then have a firewall DomU with a network interface which is connected to the eth0 bridge.

The problem is, is that the setup only works if eth0 in the Dom0 has an ip. If I do ifdown eth0 to remove the IP, the bridge stops working.

I believe the trick is to do "ip link up" (check man pages for correct syntax) to make the link itself active, but you don't need to add an IP.

Fixed. Thanks!