[Xen-users] Xen cloning VMs

OK, I'm working on migrating VMs off one group of Xen servers to another group.  They do not have shared storage so the live migrate is not an option.  I tried to follow the instructions found here (http://www.alethe.com/brad/2008/04/move-an-lvm-based-virtual-machine-to-another-host/) which seem logical (dd the drive, move that to new host, dd that image to new empty lv on new host, copy and edit config file, start guest on new host).

However, when I tried to start the new VMs, they start most of the way up (they don't quite get to a login prompt) but then just hang.  They are also EXTREMELY slow to boot.  What normally takes a few second to boot up completely takes 5+ mins to boot only partially.

Some things I've noticed, but I'm not sure it will matter, is the "old" Xen environment I am moving from is Xen 3.3.1 and the "new" environment is Xen 3.1.2.  Will going from a newer to an older version matter?  Is it possible?

Any other thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks