[Xen-users] VNC on Xen failure

The following config works and creates a good VM in Xen:

| # Kernel Setup
| kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18.8-xenU"
|
| # Memory
| memory = "256"
|
| # Disk
| disk = [
| "file:/opt/xen/domains/110/sda1.img,sda1,w",
| "file:/opt/xen/domains/110/swap.img,sda2,w"
| ]
|
| # container name
| name = "110"
| hostname = "boo"
|
| # Networking
| vif = ["type=ieomu, bridge=xenbr0"]
|
| # VNC
| vnc = 1
| #vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vncdisplay=2,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncpasswd=110' ]
| # Behavior Settings
| root = "/dev/sda1"
| extra = "fastboot"

But when I uncomment the VFB line, I get the following error after it hangs for
at least 30 seconds:

| [root@customer 110]# xm create boo.cfg
| Using config file "./boo.cfg".
| Error: Device 0 (vkbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

Any ideas?

Part two of this question:

Sometimes it actually works, and a port is opened. When this happens, nmap
shows the VNC ports open and I can connect via the VNC client, but it just
hangs at "Connection established." and no VNC display shows up. I've tried
multiple VNC clients (TightVNC, TightVNC Java Console, RealVNC), but they all
fail to connect.

Does VNC through Xen require X to be started in order to function? I was under
the impression that it would show the console screen, so I'm confused as to why
all these issues are occurring.

Thanks!
-Brad