Re: [Xen-users] VNC on Xen failure

Hi,

This is what I've learned about this issue so far since posting my previous
message.

I believe that it is because I am missing xen-vncfb which I do not have.  I am
running CentOS 5.4 and using Xen 3.0.3 as distributed by the CentOS
repositories.  As for tracking down xen-vncfb, I have done a lot of searching
and come up with nothing.  Where can I find a binary or source copy of this
code?

Here is what I know so far.

Xen does not distribute it in their binary distributions:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-09/msg00070.html

There is a workaround to build it from source yourself:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-cim/2007-07/msg00005.html

This workaround DOES NOT work, because every single version of Xen I
downloaded and compiled (3.0.2, 3.0.3, 3.2.0, 3.4.3, 4.0.0), it did not have
anything related to, nor referencing: xen-vncfb, xenfb, vncfb, or anything
like these things.

There is a wiki that references how to get vncfb:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VirtualFramebuffer

The mercurial repository that it references is a 404:
http://hg.codemonkey.ws/vncfb

I have searched Google, I have posted on LinuxQuestions.org, I have posted on
ServerFault.com, I've even asked here in my previous query, I've searched
through source trees (and compiled them), and I have absolutely no answer to
this question.  I have been trying to get this working for at least 3 months
now and I'm starting to lose business because I cannot provide this feature.

This feature is something that a great deal of people use, so why is it that I
cannot find ANY information about this?  It's like vaporware or something...

PLEASE someone point me in the right direction!

Thank you,
-Brad