[Xen-users] xen and ssd disks?

  • From: Casper <kl@xxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:55:35 +0300
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:57:21 -0700

 Hello all,

I just bought new Kingston V+ series 128gb to boost Oracle db in DomU instance. How I googled it, there is TRIM commands what introduced to 2.6.28 and more or less working from 2.6.33 kernel... I have old istalation running in PV context on Xen v3.3 with 2.6.24-27-xen kernel on Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS. My question is, does I need to install newest Xen with latest kernel to get TRIM support? How I understand then my SSD will be working longer.
Also, I exported it to DomU instance, like this:
disk = ['phy:/dev/sdc,ioemu:xvda3,w']
Is it right? All seems to work for now.
Later thinking to build raid 1 with SSD`s. Interested, this TRIM works if access to disk from DomU? I mostly use one kernel form Dom0 and DomU. Any thoughts about this appreciated... I searched in list, didn`t find any info about using SSD in Xen environment...

thanks,

Casper