Re: [Xen-users] iSCSI and LVM

  • To: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Serge Fonville <serge.fonville@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:06:00 +0200
  • Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:07:37 -0700

>> Would it be an option to have one iSCSI target, used by multiple
>> clients where only one clients accesses a directory at a time??
>> that way it would be way easier to mgrate a vm from one host to another.
>
> So you're saying that I could just have one bug LUN, which both xen hosts
> could connect to, and as long as each host didn't try to run the same DomU
> as the same time, I'd be ok? Is this safe and done in industry?

I have seen it deployed in production.

But you should definitely test and google a lot, since it is a very
complex and sensitive setup, especially f not done properly.

There is a lot more to look into than with a normal iSCSI setup.

I googled for:
iscsi single target multiple clients
and found the results very interesting.

Also, why exactly have you chosen to use iSCSI?

Regards,

Serge Fonville

--
http://www.sergefonville.nl