[Xen-users] Re: iSCSI and LVM

"James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> You can use live migration in such setup, even safely if you back it
>> by clvm.  You can even live without clvm if you deactivate your VG on
>> all but a single dom0 before changing the LVM metadata in any way.  A
>> non-clustered VG being active on multiple dom0s isn't a problem in
>> itself and makes live migration possible, but you'd better understand
>> what you're doing.
>
> You can't snapshot though. I tried that once years ago and it made a
> horrible mess.

Even if done after deactivating the VG on all but a single node?  That
would be a bug.  According to my understanding, it should work.  I never
tried, though, as snapshotting isn't my preferred way of making backups.
On the other hand I run domUs on snapshots of local LVs without any
problem.  And an LV being "local" is a concept beyond LVM in the above
setting, so it can't matter...
--
Thanks,
Feri.