Re: [Xen-users] RE: stopping xenstored and xenconsoled

On 21/06/2010 16:44, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 6:22 PM, eXeC001er<execooler@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hello,

can this daemon be killed without too much risk and then restarted with
/etc/init.d/xend restart ?

Matthieu.
  I have tried many times but failed. Daemons started but my DomUs refused to
start. (error: Hotplug script does not work)
Thanks.
Actually, I think xenconsoled can be safely restarted. It's a
recommend step to solve some types of problem (search the list
archive). xenstored, however, can NOT be safely restarted
So I guess that when you do an important update on libs you need to restart so that xenstored is not using non patched libs right ?

Matthieu.