Re: [Xen-users] Aoe or iScsi???

Hi!

> > Answer your questions:
> >
> > I'm use vblade. Why??? Is not the better thing??? Actually I never use
> > another piece of software..
> >
> > I'm with about 13 VM: 12 with Windows 2003 Server and 1 with Debian
> > Lenny...
> >
> > Between Nas and Xen server I have a dedicated Gigabyte crossover
> > connection, with cable cat 5e...
> You run 13 Windows machines of one gigabit connection and SATA disks?!?
> Man, that is pushing it. But I'm glad to hear your only complaint is
> "sometimes feeling slow".
I agree... Just adding a second Gigabit interface may improve the
situation. ;-)

But (see my other mail as well): Use another AoE target implementation!
(ggaoed is your friend. It will handle the load balancing of multiple
interfaces automatically, as will the aoe driver -- aoe6-75 is the current
one)

Another thing that comes to my mind is the amount of disks you have. I'd
say a not too busy Windows machine will fill up 1/3rd of the I/O pipe of a
single SATA disk (I am not talking about peak performance). So you'll need
13*(1/3)= ~5 disks to satisfy 'normal' and idle load. Then add one disk for
RAID5. So 6 disks in a RAID5 will feel a little slow when one VM starts to
work... You will probably need more disks and/or faster disks.

-- Adi