RE: [Xen-users] [XCP] Strange bug this avaible memory for guests

Thank you.

I think, I found an source of problem:

name-label ( RW)            : one
           power-state ( RO): running
         memory-actual ( RO): 8589934592
    memory-dynamic-max ( RW): 11739856896
    memory-dynamic-min ( RW): 11739856896
     memory-static-min ( RW): 8589934592

(11739856896 - 8589934592 is my lost 3Gb of memory)

I do not understand one thing: how memory-actual can be actualy lower,
than memory-dynamic-min?

How I do this:

1) I boot machine with memory-dynamic-max/min about 11 Gb.
2) I found I have no memory.
3) I decide to reduce memory to lower values:

xe vm-memory-dynamic-range-set vm=one max=8GiB min=8GiB
(no errors).

After few retries I got reverse situation:

name-label ( RW)            : one
           power-state ( RO): running
         memory-actual ( RO): 11739856896
    memory-dynamic-max ( RW): 9663676416
    memory-dynamic-min ( RW): 9663676416
     memory-static-min ( RW): 8589934592

And I think this is REALLY bug, because memory-actual shall not be
higher, than memory-dynamic-max.

... and I think (I'm not sure) this related to second bug I wrote few
days ago about impossibility to raize dynamic-max over value, set up
prior to VM statup. I reconfirm it at XCP 0.11, XCP 0.5RC3 and XCP0.5,
so I'll repost it in separate letter.

Ð ÐÑÐ, 07/07/2010 Ð 20:40 +0100, Dave Scott ÐÐÑÐÑ: