Re: [Xen-users] /dev/hvc0: No such file or directory

d it be a security risk at all? As this error would also appear on VPSs hosted out to customers.

Thanks

Do you have 'console=hvc0' on the kernel command line?

Yep, I do indeed (Came like that from Stacklet). Should I remove this? What does it do?

Also, check for /etc/init.hvc0.conf, if it doesn't exist copy one of the other tty*.conf files and modify it to use hvc0.

I don't have that file, but I do have /etc/init/hvc0.conf which looks like this:

# hvc0 - getty
#
# This service maintains a getty on hvc0 from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

start on stopped rc RUNLEVEL=[2345]
stop on runlevel [!2345]

respawn