From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alexey Larkov
Sent: 15 August 2010 09:06
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] [XCP] openvswitch controller using

I'm using XCP 0.5.0 version.

In the same host in debian VM I installed SNAC http://www.openflowswitch.org/wp/snac/ 1.0 as openflow controller.

1. Is it possible to setup openvswitch controller from xsconsole?

Controller (config)  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - display <SNAC ip address>

Controller (in-use)  <None> - always display "None"

2. I tried to use folowing commands:

ovs-vsctl set-controller xenbr0 tcp:<SNAC ip address>

For a few minutes everything works good and I can manage switch from <SNAC ip address>, but than connection to host has broken suddenly.

Connection to host's VM's may works longer, but usually lost also or a bit later.

Connection immediately restored after command: ovs-vsctl del-controller xenbr0.

In SNAC contoller switch looks good, no denied packets.

I can't find any criminal in log files.

I'd be appreciate for any help and advice how to dig the problem.

--
Kind regards,
Larkov Alexey