Re: [Xen-users] Did anyone succeeded in installing xen 4.0.0 on Debian Lenny?

Hello,

Le 17/08/2010 14:32, Meister Schieber a Ãcrit :
From: Jean Baptiste FAVRE <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Did anyone succeeded in installing xen 4.0.0 on
Debian Lenny?

http://publications.jbfavre.org/virtualisation/migration_form_xen3_to_xen4_lvm_drbd_debian.en

<http://publications.jbfavre.org/virtualisation/migration_form_xen3_to_xen4_lvm_drbd_debian.en>

 > I am trying to follow the steps in your howto, but: Is there a reason
 > why you install both images?
Yes, this allow you to get a working system in case of Xen failure ;-)

I started from the beginning with a fresh debian system and now it seems
to work, thank you very much!

Only one more question: I replaced "/etc/sysconfig" with "/etc/default"
in xend and xendomains as suggested in your howto. As there are serveral
other files with "/etc/sysconfig" in the source code: Is there really no
need to change these files too?
Which files do you talk about ?
Changing /etc/sysconfig to /etc/default is mandatory because /etc/sysconfig does not exist on Debian.

But you should only change that to something relevant. "xend" and "xendomains" should be stored in /etc/default on Debian because these files are used to set default config values.

When I performed my tests, I was not aware of any other files impacted by these changes.

Regards,
JB