[Xen-users] XCP 0.5.0 bug, XCCS impact

Greetings all:
   Just ran into an ugly bug in XCP 0.5.0. The scenario is this:

Host 1, host 2, host 3 in the pool.

We're attempting to host-evacuate host-2.

Host 1 is out of memory (possible-hosts on a running VM on host 2 only shows host 2 and host 3)

xe host-get-vms-which-prevent-evacuation returns the uuids of all the VMs on host 2.

Attempting to host-evacuate host 2 returns "host out of memory".

In summary, XCP host-evacuate will refuse to evacuate host 2 if host 1 is out of memory, even when host 3 has plenty of memory and XCP shows that host 2's VMs can be migrated to host 3. VMs can be migrated from host 2 to host 3 manually with no problem.

This bug does effect the operation of Xen Cloud Control System under the right circumstances. Attempting to evacuate and shut down a host will result in an endless loop of "Shutting down blocking VM ..." messages. I'll be giving XCCS it's own evacuate routines and the fix will be available Wednesday.

--
Vern Burke

SwiftWater Telecom
http://www.swiftwatertel.com