Re: [Xen-users] The bottleneck of using multinetwork card?

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 01:58:10PM +0800, ma qiang wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I have install xen 3.4.3 based on centos5.4.
>     I changed a line in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp like below:
> (network-script network-bridge)   ---->    (network-script my-network-bridge)
>
> and #cat /etc/xen/scripts/my-network-script prints as below:
> #!/bin/sh
> /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge "$@" netdev=eth0 bridge=eth0
> /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge "$@" netdev=eth1 bridge=eth1
>
> Now I installed two vms, and set one vm using eth0, then set the other
> using eth1.
> So, I can connect internet in both vms.
>
> But now my problem is that the throughput of two network card is the
> same as only one network card.
> Another words, If I use the only one network card such as eth0 for the
> two vms, the throughput of eth0 is about 250m.
> But when I set one vm use eth0 and the other use eth1, the total
> throughput of eth0 and eth1 is about 250m too.
>
> That why?  Any bottleneck?
> Thanks a lot.

Do you mean 250 Mbit/sec ?

You should get much more.. how are you measuring the performance?
What benchmark are you using?

Are both the eth0 and eth1 connected to the same network/vlan?

When you run the network benchmark try running "xm top"
to monitor the overall cpu usage.. also run "top" in dom0
to see if there's a big cpu usage in dom0.

-- Pasi