[Xen-users] Re: DomU hang in run state (Debian Lenny)

Matthew Baker <matt.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 29/09/10 10:46, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> Matthew Baker <matt.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>> I am having what seems like an on going issue with clock syncing in xen
>>> for quite some time now. It could be that the clock issue is resolved
>>> and I am seeing something else but the clock issue is throwing me off
>>> the scent.
>>
>> Are you sure it isn't the infamous xenconsoled problem?  Try restarting
>> it, maybe that fixes your problem:
>>
>> /etc/init.d/xend stop
>> pkill xenconsoled (don't touch xenstored!)
>> /etc/init.d/xend start
>
> No I hadn't come across that. If (when!) I experience another hang I'll
> give it a try.

I usually get once every two months.  It starts with a single domU, then
quickly spreads to those which produce console output regularly
(firewall logs, mostly).

> Do you know if it applies to Debian Lenny 2.6.26? All I can see from a
> Google is that it's affecting 2.6.18 CentOS/RHEL5.

It affects our Debian Lenny Xen hosts, though we run the Etch dom0
kernel, as the 32bit Lenny dom0 kernel is very unstable.
--
Regards,
Feri.