[Xen-users] usb_add to windows guest

 Dear all,

I have been trying to connect a usb external disk to a Windows Server 2008 guest through Xen 3.2.

The guest is working properly and its .cfg file is:

import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
    arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
    arch_libdir = 'lib'

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 2048
vcpus=4

shadow_memory = 8
name = "communicator"
vif = [ 'bridge=eth0' ]
acpi = 1
apic = 1

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/lvm1/communicator,hda,w',
         'phy:/dev/cdrom,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vncdisplay=10' ]

device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

boot="dc"

monitor=1
sdl=1
vnc=0

serial='pty'seems to

(I got most of the options from some tutorials on how to create windows machines)

The USB disk is plugged in to the hypervisor and shows up on "lsusb". According to what I read on some pages, a problem might arise without usbfs active, so I mounted it under /proc/bus/usb and now I can see my device info in /proc/bus/usb/devices .

My problem is that, after accessing my VM via virt-viewer and hitting Ctr-Alt-2 to go to the HVMXen prompt, trying "usb_add host:xxx:yyy" (from lsusb) just yields:

"Could not connect USB device host:xxx:yyy"

I also tried with the bus.addr syntax, with the same error.

Nothing seemingly relevant showed up in the logs.

Any ideas? I would appreciate some help!

Thanks in advance,

--
Daniel Gomes (SysAdmin)
dgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Instituto de Plasmas e Fusão Nuclear
Instituto Superior Técnico - UTL
Av. Rovisco Pais - 1049-001 Lisboa - Portugal