RE: [Xen-users] best practices in using shared storage forXENVirtualMachines and auto-failover?

  • To: Freddie Cash <fjwcash@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jeff Sturm <jeff.sturm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:59:34 -0400
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:02:34 -0700

I like to do the former.  That makes the guest easier--you don't have to figure
out things like modifying initrd to do boot-from-SAN.

> How does the migration from one host machine to another work with iSCSI?

No different than migration with any other shared storage.  Just make sure each
dom0 has a working initiator, and is logged into the appropriate targets.  If
your SAN has ACLs, you'll need to allow access from every possible dom0.

-Jeff