Re: [Xen-users] What hardware to use for XEN

On 10-10-20 11:28 AM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Jacques van Langen
> <j.v.langen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I want to build a desktop PC with premium support for XEN. I would like to
>> spend about € 200 - €250 for processor and motherboard. What processor,
>> chipset and motherboard would be a good choice? Please motivate!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jacques
>>

> you forget the memory
>
> I think you need a little more of money

I use:

Type            Model
CPU             AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 600e Processor
Mainboard       ASUS M4A785T-M/CSM
Chassis         Inwin BL631
Hard Drive      Seagate ST9500420AS (500GB 2.5" 7200rpm)
RAM             Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4GB, 4GB DDR3-1333, Non-ECC

These were chosen for minimal power consumption and Xen compatibility
for a decent price. I've got five machine with these specs and I've had
no problems with them. I couldn't find anything cheaper that I trusted.

Digimer