Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] pci-passthrough in pvops causing offline raid

Hello Mark!

Am 16.11.2010 17:47, schrieb Mark Adams:

>>> Stephan Austermuhle advises that nothing is logged via remote syslog
>>> when this hang occurs. I'll reply on that thread to see if he can add
>>
>> He can also look at http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSerialConsole
>>
>>> the additional logging
>>
>> Pasi, is there a Wiki with this?:
>>
>> When the hang happens, he needs to do two things:
>>
>>  1) In the Linux kernel, hit SysRq-L, SysRQ-T
>>
>>  2). Then  go in the hypervisor, hit Ctrl-A three times.  He should see a
>>      prompt saying (XEN) ** Serial ...
>>      and hit '*' - that will collect all of the relevant information.
>>
>>  3). Send the full serial log from the start of the machine to us (or in this
>>      case, to you Mark - or you can just CC him on this thread).

Thanks for your support.

The server is far away from me (some hundred kilometers) with no chance
to connect a serial console. The only thing that I have access to is a
network console (kind of iLO). Is it sufficient to collect additional
debug data?

Best regards,

Stephan