[Xen-users] Automatically provisioning IP addresses on a new VM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I know there are plenty of VPS hosting companies out there who use Xen who provide you with a VPS "available in 5 minutes" - meaning you can SSH or RDP to it in 5 minutes.

Obviously there must be some type of mechanism that allows them to automatically assign an IP to a HVM based VM. Some type of mechanism to automatically provision this in all flavours of Linux they offer, along with Win2k3 and Win2k8.

Can anyone point me to a way of doing this? I've been looking through the API docs, but all metrics are read only.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew White