Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] pci-passthrough in pvops causing offline raid

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 05:59:26PM +0000, Mark Adams wrote:

> > > Ok. Then it might be worth looking in when this happens. I think
> > > there is an argument on the Xen hyperisor line to include the time-stamp,
> > > but
> > > I don't remember it :-(
> > >

> I've got a test setup in place now, and am trying to reproduce this.
> I've not connected up serial as yet, but can see the following logs in
> the qemu-dm log file when I get the "MSI is already in use" errors
> above. Note also that this error -always- shows for the first specified
> device in the pci= field, and not the 2nd.
>
> pt_msixctrl_reg_write: guest enabling MSI-X, disable MSI-INTx translation
> pci_intx: intx=1
> pt_msix_update_one: Update msix entry 0 with pirq 4d gvec 59
> pt_msix_update_one: Update msix entry 1 with pirq 4c gvec 61
> pt_msix_update_one: Update msix entry 2 with pirq 4b gvec 69
> pt_msixctrl_reg_write: guest enabling MSI-X, disable MSI-INTx translation
> pci_intx: intx=2
>
> I have also seen the following log just once, not sure if it's related:
>
> (XEN) domctl.c:811:d0 XEN_DOMCTL_test_assign_device: 2:0.0 already assigned,
> or non-existent
>
> Does this help at all with debugging my issues?

Not yet. Need to serial log of the Linux kernel and the Xen hypervisor when your
machine is toast. I mentioned in the previous email the key sequences - look on
Google
on how to pass in SysRQ if you are using a serial concentrator.