[Xen-users] Re: System reboots after "Scrubbing free RAM" Xen 4.0.1 linux 2.6.37-rc3

Okay, there is some breakthrough...

1. I've started the system with 5 GB allocated for dom0. No go.
2. Next I though, what the heck, and assigned 6 GB, no go.
3. Finally decided to assign 8 GB, no go, but another message appeared, namely that Xen was unable to allocate I/O for IOMMU, Xen gave this information and informed that it's rebooting in 5 seconds. I thought this may be the key.
4. For the next try, I disabled IOMMU and assigned 5 GB to dom0. No go.
5. In the final try, I assigned 8 GB to dom0, no go, but Xen also didn't stop and did not inform me that it's rebooting in 5 seconds, just loaded the kernel.

Apparently I'm not hitting the same bug as Quimi.

Or maybe I am. I'm thinking now if maybe the following .config option is wrong?
CONFIG_XEN_MAX_DOMAIN_MEMORY=128
Perhaps Xen is expecting a significant fraction of this amount of memory to be available for dom0 (half? quarter? one-eight?) and since it's not getting the expected amount, it simply reboots? This would be rather unexpected, since the kernel is not loading at all, but could it be possible? I'd be grateful if someone provided an explanation of that kernel config option.
The squeeze 2.6.32 kernel has the memory set to 32.
I'll recompile the kernel with max domain memory set to 32 and, if that fails, to 16, just not tonight (I'll get to it tomorrow).

Just for the record, since no one asked, I figure it's not significant, but I am running the Xen hypervisor as provided by squeeze (4.0.1-1), there wouldn't be any caveats or catches against running that version, would there?

Regards,
Marek