Re: [Xen-users] Yet another question about multiple NICs

I meant to do ip neigh within dom1 - you wrote your output was from dom0.
Is the dom0 able to reach machines on the networks?

Regards,
Felix

Am 20.12.2010 04:12, schrieb Philippe Combes:

> Felix Kuperjans wrote :
>> Answers within quotes:

>>> You requested for the outputs "when <my> system has just started".
>>> Hence no packet, I guess. But shouldn't there be at least those
>>> exchanged
>>> for the ssh connection to the dom1 ?
>>> Anyway, after one minute or so, I get on the dom1:
>>> # iptables -nvL
>>> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 23 packets, 884 bytes)
>>>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>>> destination
>>>
>>> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
>>>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>>> destination
>>>
>>> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 4 packets, 816 bytes)
>>>  pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
>>> destination
>> That looks better.

>>> Yes I tried, and it has always worked while dom0's eth1 was up.
>> So it's only impossible to ping the domU from other machines on the
>> network (and vice versa)?
>> I think Fajar is probably right with his guess that your physical
>> switches are managed. That means they do traffic filtering on their
>> ports based on the mac addresses.
>> Which switch models do you use on your two networks?
>
> I already answered Fajar in this thread: when the FIRST vif of dom1 is
> connected to dom0's eth1, then the behaviour on that switched LAN is
> normal, while the traffic on the routed LAN of dom0's eth0 issues the
> bug.
> So my issue is definetely related to the instanciation of the SECOND
> interface of dom1, whatever network it is connected to. Or there is
> some kind of black magic underneath...

>>> Nothing on a machine when not connected. But when connected (here the
>>> dom0):
>>> $ ip neigh show
>>> 192.168.24.125 dev eth1 lladdr 00:16:36:e0:81:2c REACHABLE
>>> 172.16.113.100 dev eth0 lladdr 00:16:38:4c:04:00 DELAY
>>> 172.16.113.123 dev eth0 lladdr 00:16:36:e0:81:2e STALE
>>> 172.16.113.124 dev eth0 lladdr 00:1b:24:3d:ca:95 REACHABLE