Re: [Xen-users] Re: Network isolation - PCI passthrough question

Le 20/12/2010 20:57, dave a écrit :
> let's see if I understand, something like:
>
> domU (eth0) -> (PCI passthru) -> nic0
>
> this domU will be like an appliance firewall, eth0 which is directly
> configured to pci-dev nic0 is effectively the WAN interface of the domU
> firewall.
>
> other domU vms are on the LAN side of firewall, so you need a "virtual LAN"
>
> bridging to lo interface can be problematic.  instead, from dom0,
> configure several 'tap' interfaces (see tunctl), and those can act as
> LAN interface of the firewall domU and the interfaces of all other domU
> vms.  They can all be bridged together
>
> tunctl -t tap0
> tunctl -t tap1
> # then
> brctl addbr tap-br0
> brctl addif tap-br0 tap0
> brctl addif tap-br0 tap1
> then assign tap0 to firewall domU, tap1 to first domU vm ...
>
> is this what you're trying to accomplish?

Yes, it's more or less what I'm trying to do. In an ideal world, I would
dom0 to be completly unaware of domU network. But I realize I need it to
be able to attach domU's nics to bridge.

As far as I have seen, there are no way to attach domU nic directly to
my firewall domU. So, dom0 will always have access to network traffic
from domU, right ?

Regards,
JB