Re: [Xen-users] Virtual Machine Interfaces

On 29/12/10 21:55, Russell Seymour wrote:
OK great this is getting clearer :-).

I thought i would do the virtual bridge networking as I can then use iptables etc to manage it.  I am not able to use full bridged networking for the static public IP addresses for my domUs as I have to use routing as this is a restriction imposed by my hosting provider.

Hi Russell,

I'm just wondering, why is your hosting provider forcing you to set up the topology of your network in a way that they see best? This sounds very draconian to me...
Of course, there are technical reasons why you must do this, for example you are given a link address and need your own edge router.

I'm very interested in the reason behind this.

Cheers